Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Driving still sucks

My driving still sucks. One would think that after a week or so of practice I'd get better. Nope, I still suck as bad as before. Well, not as bad as before I quit There in 2004.

As I said, once, a long time ago, I could get into the top 3 spots of any buggy track I care to do laps in. Now I will be lucky to make it into 8th. Either everyone is really better than me, and I haven't actually gone rusty, or I have become rusty as heck and can't improve.

The whole place is damn lonely to me at the moment. I have nobody to run around with, unlike back in 2004 where DarkEmerald would be always with me. The few "friends" I met on the first day back in There last week kinda "disappeared".

Dune Valley is still irritating, although not as irritating as before. Every 30 secs someone would hit JOIN RACE and get a damn race going right in the middle of my laps. The hosts were right. They said apparently nobody can read the signs that are scattered liberally around the funzone. The rule is, if you want to start a race you need to give a 2 min warning.

In all my time in Dune Valley I have only seen this rule being followed like 30% of the time. Most other times, some newbie would come in and start the race without any sort of warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home